Seminar: Topics in Applied Statistical Inference (FS 2018)
In applications, research questions are often more complicated than in elementary statistics courses: Several hypotheses should be tested, preliminary results should be used to improve the design of an ongoing study, the results of several studies on the same topic should be combined, or some parameter should be shown to be (approximately) equal to a certain value. In this seminar, approaches for valid statistical inference in such situations will be covered.
- Multiple testing, multiple comparisons
- Group-sequential and adaptive designs
- Non-inferiority and equivalence
- Dr. Michael Vock
Date and Venue
- Tuesday, 10 - 12 h, B77 (ExWi)
- Start: Tuesday, February 20, 2018 (introduction and allocation of the topics for the talks)
Please send a message to email@example.com in advance if you would like to participate in the seminar but cannot come to this first meeting.
- 3 ECTS credit points
- Administrative information (Gefässe/blocks, registration): KSL
- You are welcome to register for the seminar in KSL in advance; by doing so, you will also get access to the literature for the seminar in ILIAS as soon as it becomes available.
- MSc students in statistics have priority, but others with a sufficient probability/statistics background are welcome to participate, too.